More about Amy's Comprehensive Consulting Program
Amy's comprehensive consulting program begins with a 2-3 day Practice Assessment, and is generally followed by a 12-14 month on-site and phone-support program, however this may vary depending on individual needs and requirements.
Issue-specific consulting services are also available, focusing on just those areas where a practice may request help, for instance scheduling, hygiene, payment arrangements, implants, software, fee balancing, hiring and HR, front desk training, team building.
Whatever your needs, Amy and her team work with you to develop a customized plan to help you achieve your goals, and implement the changes needed to help achieve these goals. You will work learn how to work with less and stress and make more profit! Together, we will:
- Analyze profit and loss statements to determine the strengths and weaknesses in your practice.
- Determine areas and ways to boost the net income of the practice.
- Review your policy and procedure manual to determine if it is comprehensive enough to keep you in HR compliance – and out of personnel trouble.
- Ensure your benefits meet both doctor and employee needs.
- Assess staffing needs, compensation, and weigh each employee's value to the practice to create a win-win environment.
- Determine the quality and quantity of your accounts receivable. (If you’re not collecting 98%+, you could do better!)
- Assess treatment acceptance and verbal presentation.
- Evaluate your practice for OSHA and HIPAA compliance.
- Analyze production reports to determine if systems are running as effectively as possible
- Create a break-even point (BEP) budget based on what it really costs to run your practice.
- Perform a hygiene department income potential.
- Analyze patient scheduling to determine if it is effective and productive.
- Evaluate current equipment, and future equipment needs.
- Assess your Associate or Employee Doctor's performance, and potential for growth.
- Perform a marketplace analysis of fees charged. Factors to consider: overhead, what other dentists in your area charge, third party payer UCRs, what you think is fair and right, what it costs you to provide the care.